Business Intelligence Developer
FinPay is committed to solving the affordability crisis in healthcare by enhancing the patient financial experience through pre-care engagement, healthcare financial literacy, advocating for cost transparency, and offering affordable payment options. FinPay has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in Inc. 5000 and Philadelphia Business Journal Soaring 76.
The Business Intelligence Developer actively participates in designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence solutions, crafting and executing queries upon request for data, and presenting information through reports and visualization as part of the Finpay development team. BI Developers will also be responsible for timely and quality output and will report to the Team Lead for Software Development.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g., reporting tools).
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g., MicroStrategy).
- Create tools to store data (e.g., OLAP cubes).
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting,
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Work with other development team members, product managers,
and QA in developing software solutions.
- Develop well-functioning, quality BI Solutions.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Write technical documentation.
- Actively seek to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical
processing (OLAP), and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g., AWS Quicksight, Looker).
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL queries. PostgreSQL and Amazon RedShift
experience are a plus.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience with AWS or Equivalent Cloud Services.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field, or equivalent
- Health Care or Financial Industry experience is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.